1. Plain flour/Maida - 2 cups
2. Warm oil - 1 tbsp.
3. Water - to knead dough
1. Boiled, peeled, mashed potatoes - 2
2. Finely chopped onion - 1
3. Mixed vegetables - 1 cup
4. Chopped Green chillies - 2
5. Ginger-Garlic paste - 2 tsp.
6. Finely chopped corriander leaves - 1 tbsp.
7. Juice of 1/2 a lemon
8. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp.
9. Garam Masala - 2 tsp.
10. Corriander powder - 2 tsp.
11. Red chilli powder - 1 tsp.
12. Salt - to taste
13. Oil - to deep fry
1. Make a well in the flour.
2. Add oil, salt and little water.Mix well till crumbly.
3. Add more water little by little, kneading into a soft dough.
4. Cover with moist cloth, keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
1. Fry the onions till brown.
2. Add the ginger-garlic paste and green chillies.
3. Add corriander powder, turmeric powder/haldi and corriander powder.
4. Stir fry for a minute. Add the boiled vegetables and potatoes.
5. Stir fry for a few minutes till cooked.
6. Add lemon juice, salt and garam masala.
7. Add corriander leaves.
8. Cool. Keep aside.
1. Roll the dough in the form of a square.
2. Place the stuffing in the centre.
3. Join then diagonal ends and press together the edges to make a triangle.
4. Deep fry in hot oil on LOW to MEDIUM (not high), till light brown.
5. Absorb the oil with tissue paper.
6. Serve hot with green and tamarind chutneys.
Variation: This stuffing can be replaced by a stuffing of cabbage and beetroot.
Enjoy this savoury snack:-)