Wednesday, August 3, 2011
1. Rice - 1 cup
2. Kabuli Chana/Chikpeas - 1/4 cup
3. Tomatoes - 3
4. Milk - 2 cups
5. Kasuri Methi/Dry Fenugreek Leaves - 2 tsp.
6. Garam Masala - 2 tsp.
7. Coconut - 1/4 cup
8. Onions - 1 small
9. Dry Red Chillies - 2
10.Jeera/Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp.
11. Sugar - 1 tsp.
11.Ghee and Oil
1. Soak the chana for 2-3 hours and pressure cook.
2. Fry the rice in ghee/oil for 3-5 minutes.
3. Boil the tomatoes, then de-skin them and grind.
4. Fry jeera, coconut, onions and dry red chilies to it and fry for a few minutes.
6. Grind this mixture.
7. In a pan, fry the tomato puree till slightly solid.
8. In this, add the coconut paste and sugar and fry for a few minutes.
9. Add kasuri methi and garam masala.
10.Add the boiled chana to this and stir for a few minutes.
11.Add milk to this and let it boil.
12.Add rice and salt. Boil.
13.Cook on low flame for 10-12 minutes.
14.Add 2 tsp. ghee to this and serve :)
Variation : Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsp., Cinnamon 1 inch stick, Cardamom 1, Cloves 2
Fry the cinnamon, Cardamom and cloves before frying the tomato puree, then add the ginger garlic paste and tomato puree.
You can use coconut milk instead of milk.
1. Potatoes(boiled and mashed) - 4
2. Tomatoes - 2
3. Capsicum(Pepper) - 1
5. Chat Masala - 2 tsp.
6. Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp.
7. Vinegar - 1 tsp.
8. Mustard Sauce
For the coleslaw :
1. Thinly sliced carrots, cucumbers and cabbage
1. Combine all the ingredients for the coleslaw and mix well.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the pattie, mix well.
3. Make small flattened balls out of the potato mixture and shallow fry.
4. Take one bun, cut it into half and spread the coleslaw on one half.
5. Keep the pattie on it, spread some mustard sauce on it and again put some coleslaw.
6. Keep the other half of the bun over this and enjoy :)