Wednesday, August 3, 2011
1. Rice - 1 cup
2. Kabuli Chana/Chikpeas - 1/4 cup
3. Tomatoes - 3
4. Milk - 2 cups
5. Kasuri Methi/Dry Fenugreek Leaves - 2 tsp.
6. Garam Masala - 2 tsp.
7. Coconut - 1/4 cup
8. Onions - 1 small
9. Dry Red Chillies - 2
10.Jeera/Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp.
11. Sugar - 1 tsp.
11.Ghee and Oil
1. Soak the chana for 2-3 hours and pressure cook.
2. Fry the rice in ghee/oil for 3-5 minutes.
3. Boil the tomatoes, then de-skin them and grind.
4. Fry jeera, coconut, onions and dry red chilies to it and fry for a few minutes.
6. Grind this mixture.
7. In a pan, fry the tomato puree till slightly solid.
8. In this, add the coconut paste and sugar and fry for a few minutes.
9. Add kasuri methi and garam masala.
10.Add the boiled chana to this and stir for a few minutes.
11.Add milk to this and let it boil.
12.Add rice and salt. Boil.
13.Cook on low flame for 10-12 minutes.
14.Add 2 tsp. ghee to this and serve :)
Variation : Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsp., Cinnamon 1 inch stick, Cardamom 1, Cloves 2
Fry the cinnamon, Cardamom and cloves before frying the tomato puree, then add the ginger garlic paste and tomato puree.
You can use coconut milk instead of milk.