Tuesday, September 7, 2010
1. Spinach - 1 bunch
2. Green Chillies - 2
3. Turmeric Powder(Haldi) - 1/4 tsp.
4. Medium Sized Onions - 2
5. Ginger-Garlic Paste - 2 tsp.
6. Cumin Seeds(jeera) - 1/2 tsp.
5. Medium sized tomatoes - 2
7. Corriander Powder - 1 tbsp.
8. Cinnamon - 1 inch piece
9. Black Cardamom(badi elaichi) - 2
10.Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp.
11.Bayleaf(tejpatta) - 1
12.Paneer(Cottage Cheese) - 250g
13.Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp.
1. Thoroughly wash the spinach leaves after removing the stems.
2. Chop the green chillies and boil them with turmeric powder and the spinach leaves for 8-10 minutes. Don't let the leaves turn black.
3. Cut the onions and tomatoes.
4. Add little oil in the kadhai(frying vessel), add cumin seeds,cinnamon and ginger-garlic paste and corriander powder.
5. Add the onions and fry till they turn light brown. Then add the tomatoes and continue frying for a few minutes.
6. Let the mixture cool and then grind together this mixture and the boiled spinach.
7. Then transfer this into the kadhai and add some water to make a thick gravy.
8. Add black cardamom, red chilli powder, bayleaf, garam masala powder and paneer and let the mixture boil.
9. Once it boils, let it get cooked on simmer for a few minutes.
Your dish is ready :-) Serve hot with rotis or rice.