Tuesday, September 7, 2010
1. Plain Flour(Maida) - 1 cup
2. Baking Powder - 1/4 tsp.
3. Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp.
4. Sugar - 3/4 cup
5. Water - lesser than 1/2 cup
6. Pureed cheeku(suppota) - 3
7. Butter - slightly lesser than 1/2 cup
8. Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup
9. Egg - 1
1. Mix thoroughly the butter and brown sugar.
2. Make sugar syrup by boiling the sugar and water and once it starts getting thick, reduce the heat and continue stirring till you get a thick sugar syrup.
3. Mix the flour and baking powder.
4. In a pan/vessel, add the butter mixture and the sugar syrup. Slowly add flour to it and heat this mixture for a few minutes.
5. Turn off the gas. In a separate vessel, add the egg and beat it properly.
6. Add this to the mixture and stir well.No need to heat it.
7. Pre-heat the oven for 3-5 minutes. Pour the mixture to a greased baking container.
8. Bake the mixture at 180 degree celcius for 15 minutes.
9. Once done, let it remain in the oven for a few minutes. Then take it out and insert a tooth pick. It should come out clean. Otherwise, bake it for a few more minutes on a lower temperature.
10.Cut it into squares and serve hot.
Kids will love it :)
Variation : You can replace suppota with pureed mango or pureed banana.
You can combine whipped cream and icing sugar, or heat butter, icing sugar and flour, to prepare the frosting and spread evenly on the squares.