Thursday, November 4, 2010
1. Plain Flour/Maida - 1 & 1/4 cup
2. Wheat/Aata - 3/4 cup
3. Oil - 2 tbsp.
4. Citric Acid(solid) - 1/2 tsp.
5. Water - 1 cup
6. Powdered Sugar - 1 cup
7. Baking Powder - 1 tsp.
8. Salt - a pinch
1. Cocoa Powder - 1 tsp.
2. Icing Sugar - 2 tbsp.
3. Milk - 2 tsp.
1. Mix plain flour, wheat and salt together. Add baking powder to it.
2. Separately, add citric acid in water and mix well.
3. Add this mixture to the flour mixture.
4. Add oil and sugar to this. Mix all the ingredients well until the shown consistency is obtained.
5. Pour this into greased cupcake molds and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes. The time may vary according to your oven, but it should pass the toothpick test(insert a toothpick and it should come out clean). If it doesn't, keep it for some more time. Once done, let it stay in the heat for 5 minutes.
1. Heat the cocoa powder for a few seconds and add to it, icing sugar and milk.
2. Stir for a few minutes in the heat, till a creamy consistency is obtained.
Now apply this frosting on the cupcakes and enjoy :-)
You can use vinegar instead of citric acid, But you'll have to add the 1 cup water mentioned in the recipe.