Wednesday, February 16, 2011
1. Plain Flour(Maida) - 1/4 cup
2. Semolina(Sooji/Rava) - 1/4 cup
3. Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp.
4. Garam Masala(optional) - 1 tsp.
5. Salt - around 1 tsp.
6. Potato - 1
7. Onion - 1
9. Oil - to deep fry
For the green chutney :
1. Corriander leaves - 1 cup
2. Small onion - 1
3. Green Chilli - 1 big
4. Ginger - 1 inch piece
5. Lemon - 1/2
1. Pressure cook the potato upto 5 whistles and then mash it or grind it with very little water. It should not be a liquid.
2. Make a dough out of plain flour, semolina, red chilli powder, garam masala(optional), salt and the mashed potato. Use water as per requirement.
3. Now make small flat circles out of the dough and cover them with sev. Be sure to press the sev onto the circles so that they don't come off while frying.
4. Heat oil in a vessel, and then slowly, add the circles into it and fry till both sides become brown(neither light brown, not dark brown).
5. Chop the onions finely.
For the chutney :
Grind together all the ingredients with very little water.
Serve the crispies with chopped onions and green chutney. Tastes good when eaten with onions rather than with the chutney alone :-)