Wednesday, February 16, 2011
1. Cashew nuts - 100g
2. Sugar - 1/2 cup
3. Water - to blanch + 1/2 cup
4. Milk - 2 tbsp.
5. Ghee(Clarified Butter) - 2 tsp.
6. Cardamom Powder - 1/4 tsp.
7. Grated Pistachios - a few to garnish
1. Blanch the cashew nuts. Boil them for a few minutes, then heat on medium flame till they turn soft. Takes around 10-15 minutes.
2. Drain the water and grind the cashewnuts.
3. Fry the ground paste in ghee.
4. Make sugar syrup with sugar, cardamom powder and 1/4 cup water, boil for a few minutes, then heat on low flame till the mixture turns sticky and achieves a thread consistency, that is, when you pour the mixture from a spoon, a thread should be formed from the spoon to the vessel.
5. Add the cashew paste and milk, and cook until the mixture turns light brown.
6. Quickly transfer the mixture to a bowl, garnish with grated pistachios and serve :)