1 kg+for dusting: Maida
150 gms: Amul Ghee
To taste: Salt
For frying: Fortune Refined Oil
To be mixed into a filling
4nos. Medium-sized Potatoes (peeled, boiled and diced)
¾ cup: Chana
4 tbsp: Saunth chutney
3 tbsp: Green chutney
3 tbsp: Amul Curd
1/3 cup: Onion (finely chopped)
1/3 cup: Tomato (finely chopped)
1 tbsp: Chaat masala
3 tbsp: Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
For Saunth Chutney
½ cup: Tamarind Paste
½ cup: Jaggery/Gud (grated)
½ tbsp: Red Chilli powder
½ tbsp: Dry Ginger powder
¼ tbsp: Cumin powder/Jeera Powder
¼ tbsp: Black Pepper powder
½ tsp: Black salt
½ tbsp: Cumin seeds/Jeera (roasted and crushed)
For Green Chutney
1 bunch: Coriander leaves
1 bunch: Mint leaves
10-12 nos. Green Chillies
2 piece: Ginger
To taste: Salt
1. Combine maida, ghee, salt in a glass bowl and knead to a semi stiff dough using water.
2. Divide the dough into roundels. Shape each roundel into a chapati, using minimal flour for dusting.
3. Using a knife, cut into thin long strips.
4. Roll these strips around the cone mould like a coil, starting from the pointed end towards the broader end, till the entire cone is uniformly covered with the strips. Seal well to ensure that it doesn’t open.
5. Follow the same procedure for the remaining dough.
6. Heat oil in a deep kadhai and deep fry the cones till they turn golden brown in colour. Drain on absorbent paper.
7. Once the cones have cooled a bit, shake them off the cone mould. Keep aside.
8. Combine all the ingredients for the filling.
9. For saunth chutney, in a frying pan, combine tamarind pulp with ¼ cup water and bring to a boil. Mix in jaggery, red chilli powder, dry ginger powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder and black salt. Mix well and cook till jaggery dissolves and chutney is thick.
10. Strain the mixture and mix in crushed roasted cumin. Keep aside.
11. For green chutney, combine the coriander, mint, green chillies, ginger and salt and grind to a smooth paste. Add a little water if required.
12. To serve, fill prepared filling into cones, top with saunth chutney and green chutney and serve.