1. Semolina/Rava - 1 cup
2. Vermicelli/Semiya - 1 & a 1/2cup
3. Curd - 1 cup
4. Chopped green chillies - 2
5. Mustard Seeds/Rai - 1 tsp.
6. Curry Leaves
7. Hing/Asafoetida - a pinch
8. Urad dal - 1 tsp.
9. Baking Powder - a pinch
1. Fry vermicelli and semolina in little oil till slightly brown.
2. Add curd to this mixture.
3. Let it stay for 10 minutes.
4. Add salt,baking powder and green chillies.
5. Fry mustard seeds,urad dal, hing and curry leaves in oil and add to the mixture.
6. Pur the batter in greased idli stand and steam them.
7. Serve with chutney and sambhar or podi (a South Indian spicy powder).
Variation : You can add red chilli powder instead of green chillies.