Monday, February 23, 2009
1. Wheat/Atta - 2 cups
2. Grated carrots - 2
3. Cinnamon powder/Dalchini - 1 tsp.
3. Nutmeg powder/Jaiphal - 1/2 tsp.
4. Baking powder - 1/2 tsp.
5. Butter - 1/2 cup
6. Grated jaggery/Gur - 1/2 cup
1. Melt the butter and jaggery over a low flame. Keep aside.
2. Sift the flour with the cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and baking powder.
3. Combine the butter mixture, flour mixture and grated carrots and pour into a greased baking pan.
4.Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 1 hour. Cool and cut.
This cake is not only different in taste from other cakes, but also is healthy as it contains jaggery, a rich source of iron and carrots, which contain Vitamin A.
Variation : You can add honey to increase the sweetness. Njooooy :-)