1. Maida/Flour - 2 cups
2. Powdered Sugar - 1 & a 1/2 cup or 1 & 3/4 cups
3. Unsalted Butter - 1 cup
4. Vanilla Essence - 1/4 tsp.
5. Baking Powder - 1/4 tsp.
6. Eggs - 2
7. Milk - as per requirement
1. Stir the butter till it becomes creamy.
2. Add sugar to it and mix well.
3. Separately, sieve maida and add baking powder to it.
4. Add this to the butter mixture, part by part, not all at once.
5. Separate the egg whites from the eggs and beat them till they increase in volume.
6. Add the egg yolks to the mixture.
7. Then add the egg whites and vanilla essence.
8. Mix well. You'll have to mix for a long time, as the batter should be of a ribbon consistency, i.e., when you hold the spoon in a slanting position, the batter should fall down like a ribbon.
9. You may add milk to achieve this semi-solid consistency.
10. Grease the cake pan with butter, pour the batter into it and bake in microwave for 5-6 mins. at 650 degree Celcius.
11. Do not take it out immediately. Take it out after 5 mins.
12. Insert a tooth pick into it, it should come out clean.
For making chocolate cake, just mix 3 tbsp. of cocoa powder with maida.
You may add tooty fruity or dry fruits while mixing maida with baking powder.