Sunday, March 8, 2009
Mix Veg. Kurma
1. Choppedcabbage, beans, carrots, cauliflower - 1/2 cup each
2. Small onions, sliced - 3
3. Salt - as per taste
4. Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
5. Ginger - Garlic paste - 2 tsp.
6. Curd - 2 tbsp.
7. Poppy seeds/ Khus Khus soaked in warm water- 1/2 tsp.
8.Jeera/Cumin seeds - 1 tsp.
9. Corriander Powder - 2 tsp.
10.Green Chillies - 3
11. Dry Red Chillies - 2
12. Pepper - 1 tsp.
13. Saunf/Aniseeds - 1/2 tsp.
14. Cinnamon - a small stick
15. Cloves - 2/3
16. Cardamom - 1
17. Tomato - 1 small
18. Cashewnuts(optional) - a few
19. Lemon juice - 2 tsp.
1. Steam the vegetables till they are about half done. Remove and set aside.
2. Heat the oil and fry the sliced onions and ginger garlic paste till they turn slightly brown.
3. Add corriander powder.
3. Grind together coconut, curd, poppy seeds, jeera, green and red chillies, pepper, saunf, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, tomato and cashewnuts(optional).
3. Now add the blended masala to the frying pan and fry till the oil starts leaving the sides of the masala.
4.If the masala starts sticking to the pan, lower the heat and sprinkle a little water and continue frying, stirring continuously.
5.Then add the half cooked vegetables and salt to taste. Add some water. Mix well.
6.Boil it. Cook until the vegetables are soft and tender.
7.Remove from heat. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with naan or rice :-)