Sunday, March 8, 2009
Whole Wheat Naan
1. Aata/Whole wheat - 2 cups
2. Warm water - 1/4 cup
3. Curd - 3/4 cup
4. Salt - 1/2 tsp.
5. Dry yeast - 1 tsp.
6. Sesame seeds/ White til - 2 tsp.
1. Mix 1/4 cup warm water and dry yeast. Set aside for 5-10 minutes, until you see bubbles.
2. Make a dough out of wheat, curd, salt and this yeast mixture. Add water if required so that the dough comes together in a slightly sticky ball.
3. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover loosely with a damp cloth and let it rise for a couple of hours, until double in size.
4. Make balls out of this dough and roll them out flat. Add sesame seeds on top of the naans. You can add corriander leaves as well.
5. Bake in an OTG for 10 - 12 mins at 180 degree Celcius until it starts rising and turns slightly brown.
6. Serve with kurma.